WHAT IS FIRST STEPS?
- First Steps is a family-centered, locally based system of early intervention services provided at little or no cost to families with infants and toddlers up to the third birthday
- First Steps offers ongoing services for infants and toddlers who display delays in development or a disability
- Many of First Steps services are based in the child's home or in other natural environments for the child
- The goal of First Steps is to help Hoosier families make sure their infants and toddlers receive services now to help them in the future
WHAT DOES FIRST STEPS PROVIDE?
- Initial evaluation and assessment at no cost to the family A plan for services, developed with you and based upon your child's needs and your priorities and concerns
- Early intervention services, at little or at no cost to families, for children experiencing delays in development or disabilities
- A Service Coordinator, who will assist you by coordinating all the various services for your child and by linking you with community resources